Monday, December 8, 2014

- MUNCHY MONDAYS: CALIFORNIA DONUTS -

Good photo op, mediocre taste.
After months of waiting patiently, I finally made a stop at California Donuts and was sadly disappointed. Not that their donuts are bad, but they're nothing new to your taste buds.  My excitement built up as I continually saw people Instagramming their delicious looking donuts. What I found out was that they're just regular donuts with better-than-your-average-donut-shop presentation, which includes special Christmas donuts, a Panda donut, and a few more. My boyfriend and I found their Matcha Green Tea Donut pretty disgusting and their other donuts were average. My boyfriend had a Cream Puff, which he didn't care much for. I definitely want to try their cereal donuts, especially the one with Fruit Loops, but will not go out of my way for this place. Parking is pretty terrible since it's out in Koreatown and driving out of your way to get there will surely leave you disappointed as you're stuck outside waiting in line, trying to communicate with the workers inside through a very low and small box. There is a parking lot, but it's tiny. If you know Randy's Donuts or SK's (Santa Monica), I'd recommend those donut shops before I'd recommend California Donuts.

$

Address:
3540 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90020

 Hours:
24 Hours
 
Best For:
Small groups or individuals 
People out late at night 
Donut enthusiasts

Overall Review:
I'll stop by for some donuts if I'm close by, but this place won't be my final destination.

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig