Monday, January 26, 2015

- MUNCHY MONDAY: LAVENDER LIQUID HOT CHOCOLATE -

Today, I'm doing something a little different and reviewing one specific drink from Demitasse Cafe, a place where coffee is an art form. The Lavender Liquid Hot Chocolate is something I've been wanting to try for a while and I finally did so a few weeks ago. I always thought there was only one location in downtown, but I ended up at the one in Santa Monica after a series of funny events. Both locations serve the drink so if you want to go it just depends on which one is closer to you.

Personally, after a few sips I was already finished but I drank some more to get my money's worth ($5 to be exact). The perfect word to describe this liquid hot chocolate is luscious. Yes, a weird way to describe a drink but if you've had it then you know exactly what I mean. The chocolate is extremely rich and there is just a small hint of lavender. I liked that the hint of lavender was not too strong because I've had other lavender drinks that tasted like lavender lotion overload. There is such a strong concentrate of chocolate used to make this drink, along with vanilla bean and sugar, that the drink is very thick, making it seem like you're not even drinking a drink...if that makes sense. This delicacy is less of a drink and more of a liquidated chocolate. What I liked most about this drink is the toasted marshmallow that comes with it. It eventually melts and becomes part of the drink so make sure to have a few bites of it before it dissolves because it's delicious. 

$$

Address:
1149 3rd Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

 Hours:
Monday-Wednesday: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Thursday-Friday: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Best For:
Chocolate addicts 
Foodies who like to try all the "cool" eats
  
Overall Review:
This drink is a delicacy and it must be tried at least once in my opinion (key word: once).

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig