Sunday, January 11, 2015

- MUNCHY MONDAY: LITTLE SPAIN -

 Mmm, mmm, paella...

Little Spain, located at the Farmer's Market next to The Grove, is my go to place for some casual paella. [Tip: Little Spain is located on the closest side to 3rd Street, just a few strides down from Starbucks] I've only had paella at a handful of places in Los Angeles, but they were either too expensive (A.O.C. has awesome squid ink paella) or not up to par. Since the paella at Little Spain is so delicious and satisfying, I always order the same dish due to fear of missing out. During my last visit, my boyfriend suggested Patatas Bravas, otherwise known as fried potatoes with spicy sauce and aioli drizzilings. They were only $4.50 and I LOVE potatoes so I took the bait and my tummy was instantly happy. Now, my regular order here is Paella de Mariscos and Patatas Bravas. Muy delicioso! I know I should try more of the tapas they have to offer, being that I blog food reviews and all, but my regulars are both too good to give up! I've heard their Sangria is really good and they do serve other types of alcohol, like the beer people casually sip on as they watch games on the television. Other dishes that I may take a chance at are Champinones Salteados (mushrooms), Empanadillas, Bombas (fried potatoes filled with spicy meat), and all the other types of paellas. I have the bad habit of sticking to foods I know, but 2015 will be the year I venture out!

As for location and staff, this place is small and service can be on or off. Some of their servers are friendly while others are not. While many people think Little Spain only has bar seating, which is what you see when you're inside the Farmer's Market, there is a small patio on the other side adjacent to the parking lot. Still, this is not a place for a big group or crowd. This "food stand" does not get as busy as the other places in the Farmer's Market, so I like to think of it as a slightly hidden gem. The restaurant also serves as a small shop that features imported foods and wines. Farmer's Market parking is available, which gets very crowded on the weekends, and validation is available. [Tip: If you park in The Grove's parking structure, you cannot get validation at the Farmer's Market] I believe validation gets you 2 free hours and after that it is $4 for the 3rd hour and $1 for each additional 15 minutes. Without validation, it's $2 for every 15 minutes. Basically, you really don't want to forget that validation. Don't lose the ticket either, it'll cost you $20.

$$

Address:
6333 West 3rd Street Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90020

 Hours:
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
 
Best For:
Paella lovers
Small groups (1-4 people)
Tapas lovers 
People shopping at The Grove

Overall Review:
I love good paella and seafood, so you do the math! It's a great casual place to sit and enjoy Spanish food.

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig