Wednesday, July 22, 2015

THE BALANCE BEAM

Well, hello there! It's been TOO long, don't ya think?? A lot has changed since the last time I was on here. I'm now a first grade teacher and after months of trying to balance everything I've realized that blogging and fashion is the perfect buffer between the daily craziness that comes with being a teacher and that which is reality. I've been so MIA these past few months because the balance beam always seemed to tip to one side, the side where I wore sensible shoes and had frizzy hair. Now I am trying to balance out my life more. My fellow teachers know how hard it is to leave work  at work, but at the end of the day I could not be any prouder to be an educator. Now that I've quickly updated you all, let's get down to the post that brought this blog back to life: the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! 
As always, this time of year really puts some strain on my bank accounts. BUT it's so worth it because my feet will be looking fabulous as they walk into fall. Here are the links to the shoes that I've gotten so far:

Sam Edelman Alaine Scalloped Flats in Midnight Blue
Enzo Angiolini Manna Ankle Strap Sandals 
Sam Edelman Onyx Half d'Orsay Pointy Toe Pumps 
Dolce Vita Kadie Booties (not pictured)

I'm glad that I tried the Sam Edelman flats on in person instead of ordering them online because I was able to see the colors in person. From the pictures online, I absolutely loved the Pewter but in real life they look like little girls shoes. It was a hard 20 minute decision between the Gold and Midnight, but in the end I figured the Midnight would be more practical and less flashy for teaching. I'm thinking about getting them in Red Suede as well for the holiday time since I'm loving the scallop details and they're a much cheaper version of the Chloe Lauren Flats. I'm still waiting for my new AG The Stilt Cigarette Jeans and BLANKNYC Quilted Faux Leather Moto Jacket to arrive in the mail, but they look so perfect I love them already! In stores, I ended picking up this Lush Karly Shift Dress in Red for the holidays and this super soft and comfy Ten Sixty Thermal Henley in Heather Grey. I'm so excited to mix and match all these buys with what's already in my closet. In the meantime, here are a few other pieces that caught my eye.


1. Kate Spade North Court Bow Lacey Wallet in Black

2. Leith Floppy Felt Hat in Camel

3. Kate Spade North Court Coralline Satchel in Clock Tower

4. Lucky Brand Heloisse Boot in Black

5. Converse Jack Purcell Garment Dye Sneakers in Dolphin Canvas

6. Vince Erving Block Heel Boots in Black

7. Charles David Caterina Pumps in Navy Suede

8. M.A.C. Look in a Box Basic Travel Brush Kit

9. Voluspa Maison Jardin Mini Tin Candle Trio

Happy shopping!
Love,
Jessie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig