Monday, June 9, 2014

- Munchy Monday: Ladurée -

Happy Munchy Monday! This week's spotlight is on Ladurée in New York City. 
Beautiful window display!
Boxes cost a bit more than just getting the macarons in a bag.
Say hello to the queen of all macarons and the cutest little shop ever. Ladurée on Madison Avenue is based in a small rectangular shaped shop donned with adorable mint green walls. As I walked down Madison Avenue with my eyes on the prize, which in this case was macarons, I knew I had spotted the Parisian bakery once I caught glimpse of a green and gold awning. Anticipation and excitement built up for the next 15ish minutes as my boyfriend and I waited patiently like little kids in a candy shop. Even though the line was almost out the door and the macarons were a bit expensive, every bite was worth it! The flavors I got, in order from left to right in the picture above, were rose petal, salted caramel, (unknown), chocolate, vanilla, and pistachio. All amazing! This location also provides other types of pastries and sorbets, which I did not have the chance to try since we had too much dessert while vacationing. The macarons are too amazing to pass up for other sweets anyway, so I don't think we missed out on much. The only downside to this Ladurée shop is its size - it probably gets even more crowded and there are so many workers at once that they barely have room to move behind the counter. It's such a shame that such a beautiful and delicious place with so much to potentially offer is packed into a room smaller than my own bedroom. I heard that the Ladurée in Paris, which is the original one, offers tea and sit down areas so that their customers can fully embrace all that Ladurée has to offer. One day, I will be one of those customers!

$$$

  Address:
864 Madison Avenue
New York, New York 10021

 Hours:
Monday-Saturday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Sunday: 10 AM - 6 PM
 
Best For:
All ages
Small groups
Get in, get out
Overall Review:
Please, please, please open one in Los Angeles!

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig