Monday, August 18, 2014

- Munchy Monday: Umami Burger -

The perfect place to go when you feel like cheating on healthy food with juicy, greasy goodness.
Hatch Burger // Truffle Especiale
I wouldn't say that Umami Burger is my favorite burger joint, but it's kind of up there. It's hard for me to really love and rave about burgers, despite how good they are, because afterwards I feel like I have stuffed myself with all the things you shouldn't put into your body. What I loved more than the food itself was the beachy "Tommy Bahamas" exterior look of the restaurant mixed with the modern windowed walls interior. My boyfriend and I went on a beautiful day so we decided to sit outside with our puppy. The outdoor patio is actually in front of the restaurant and looks more like a picnic bench area, which I love! The restaurant is isolated within the busy and overcrowded Grove so it's a bit quieter and secluded. The great thing about this place is that it's family friendly and basically everyone friendly, except for vegetarians probably.

Service was pretty great, but I love any restaurant where the workers are kind to my pup. I think he got a water bowl before his humans did, hah. When we first arrived, a table of two guys were having a fit and complaining about how horrible and slow the service and food were. After dining there, I'm not really sure why he was so upset. Our food didn't take super long and I had no complaints about the same waitress that we shared. Some people, right? 

Now down to the most important part. Everything we ordered was great. The meat was moist and tender and the buns were perfectly toasted and sweet. I ordered the Truffle Especiale, my boyfriend got the Hatch Burger, and we shared Truffle 'Em fries. We are a very big truffle oil couple so whenever a restaurant has truffle fries, you can bet that we'll be ordering them. You can bet that we've tried many truffle fries, and Umami Burger did not disappoint. I loved how the fries were thin and crisp, just the way I like it. My Truffle Especial was under a section on the menu called Truffle'd! Yes! Imagine my excitement! My burger came with Parmesan frico, a fried egg (yes, please), truffle butter, and truffled arugula, all for $14. It was pure truffle perfection. I'd love to get it again but the other two truffle burgers sound amazing to pass up next time. The Hatch Burger came with roasted green chiles (not my thing), American cheese, and roasted garlic aoili for $11. The chiles really turned me off but my boyfriend really enjoyed this burger. Everything else on the menu sounded pretty yummy too so I basically want to try it all, especially the Ahi Tuna Burger. When Umami first started getting popular, I tried their Original Burger but it's definitely not as fun as the other burgers on the menu. I actually didn't even like it that much, which is why it took me a few years to finally go back. I'd suggest that you go with one of the specialty burgers to really see why Umami Burger stands apart from other burger joints. They're popping up super fast everywhere, so click here to find one near you!

$$
   
Address:
189 The Grove Dr. C-10
Los Angeles, CA 90036
located within The Grove (across the street from The Whisper Lounge)

 Hours:
Sunday-Thursday: 11 AM - 11 PM
Friday-Saturday: 11 AM - Midnight
 
Best For:
Everyone!

Overall Review:
I'm lucky to be walking distance from this Umami Burger location, but I will not indulge too often because I'm trying to eat healty (keyword: trying).

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig