Monday, September 8, 2014

Munchy Monday: Honeymee

Want to hear what all the buzz is about?
Honeymee is a little shack in a small plaza located in Koreatown. I was taken aback at first by the location because I didn't realize how small the shop would be. It is located in the same plaza as Boiling Crab so the easiest parking options are in the paid underground garage ($2) located below the plaza or street parking if you're lucky. The Babee Bun's sounded intriguing but I knew I'd get tired of it after a few bites so I opted for ice cream, something that I knew I'd enjoy. Their milk ice cream and honeycomb are a sweet, delicate combination. The one thing that really drew me to Honeymee was the actual honeycomb chip that comes with the Honeymee ($4.75) instead of bottled honey that most dessert places would use. Another indicator of their pure honeycomb are the bees buzzing everywhere! So, take caution if you're deathly allergic to those stingers.  The major downside of this place is the location. There is only outdoor seating and with the uncomfortable seats and the amount of bees, it doesn't make for a favorable situation. This quick dessert place is not easily accessible so I'm not sure when I'll be back. I felt like I spent more time finding parking and walking than I did actually enjoying my dessert. Personally, I think dessert time should be relaxing and heavenly but this location just wasn't doing it for me.

$
   
Address:
3377 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 116
Los Angeles, CA 90017

 Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 12:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday-Sunday: 12:00 PM - 12:00 AM
 
Best For:
All ages
People who are patient enough to find parking

Overall Review:
A must-try-once dessert spot in LA, but the location is inconvenient so I will not frequent it often.

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig