Monday, December 1, 2014

- MUNCHY MONDAY: YUKO KITCHEN -

Lucky to live just a few blocks down from this charming, casual Japanese eatery.  
 Spicy Salmon Rice Bowl $8.95
Garlic Albacore Rice Bowl $11.50
 Garlic Shrimp Rice Bowl $9.50
Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl $7.50

Yuko Kitchen is not your typical Japanese cafe or restaurant. No dim lighting, no long waits, and no high prices. Instead, you get a cafe that has plenty of outdoor seating and green, garden vibe to it.  I never sit indoors because their two patio seating areas are more enjoyable and I always walk here with my dog. I've only been here once for dinner and it was such a great atmosphere. The lights and candles are lit and you get to enjoy your food in a peaceful atmosphere in such a busy city. I wouldn't really know about parking since I always walk here, but there's street parking on Wilshire and free parking in the back lot, according to their websites. Workers are friendly and accommodating, but nothing too spectacular. I'm really not a huge fan of Yuko Kitchen's water because they keep their fruit infused water in multiple jugs so there is never any ice. For that reason, I always order a drink when I dine here.

Yuko offers different types of rolls, bowl litos (burrito/sushi roll), and rice bowls. Between 4-7 PM, they offer a boba happy hour for only $3 no matter the size. Their coffee, milk tea, and green tea are all good with boba, but their most unique one is the Orange Cream Boba. It basically tastes like a Creamsicle so it literally tastes like your childhood. If you're not a fan of boba, I'd suggest trying something else besides the Mint Lemonade.  It was too minty and too sour at the same time, not what I expected from them at all. Food wise, everything I've had has been fulfilling and tasty. This includes the Shrimp Tempura Roll, Spicy Salmon Rice Bowl, Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl, Garlic Albacore Rice Bowl, Garlic Shrimp Rice Bowl, Spicy Salmon Bowl-lito, and BBQ Eel Bowl-lito. The Spicy Salmon Rice Bowl is one of my regular orders here and all the rest I've only had once. I surprisingly really liked the BBQ Eel Bowl-lito since I'm not really a fan of eel. I'd say this place successfuly mixes Japanese cuisine into more American friendly dishes, so it'd be a good place to try something you normally wouldn't like. Just a few days ago, I ordered the Garlic Shrimp Rice Bowl, which was of course tasty but lacking on the shrimps. That would be the only dish I've tried so far that I wouldn't order again. 

$-$$

Address:
5484 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90036

 Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 11:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Closed Sunday's
 
Best For:
Small groups or individuals 
People with dogs
People looking for a nice quiet place in LA 

Overall Review:
Yuko is a great casual place to frequent and I will continue to do so! If you're in the area then it's a must, but it's not anything too spectacular to drive out for.

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig