Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Olive

I've been into jumpsuits lately because of one reason: they feel like pajamas! One thing I really care about when I put an outfit together is comfort. I usually don't go for something tight or something that will make me uncomfortable in my own skin, so naturally I fell in love when I saw this jumpsuit online. Continue reading to learn more about sizing, 30% off, and my thoughts on mules. 
  
J. CREW JUMPSUIT | FOREVER 21 JACKET | FOREVER 21 MULES (similar options
below) | CHANEL BAG | EF COLLECTION NECKLACE | HOUSE OF HARLOW 
BRACELET

I originally bought this jumpsuit in my usual J. Crew size, XS. I anticipated its arrival, but I was sadly disappointed the moment I put it on. The jumpsuit is supposed to have a loose fit, but it swallowed me up and made me look like I was wearing a prison uniform. I immediately sent it back and ordered an XXS. This time around the fit was so much better. An XXXS fit too, but I was looking for a looser fit. The only complaint I have is that the V-neck is quite deep and wide on me. I'm constantly trying to pull it up, but I have used a spring scarf to mask it. With this look I wanted to elongate my legs so I rolled up the bottoms a couple times. This also gave my look an upgrade and it complemented nicely with these mules to create a more than casual look. When the pant legs are unrolled, they end right underneath my ankle (I'm 5"3). This is a great staple piece for summer and spring, especially since it can be easily dressed up or down.  So, if you're interested in this jumpsuit, or the same one but in a DIFFERENT COLOR (on sale), I would recommend going down one or two sizes depending on what kind of fit you want. Shop now with code TIMETOSHOP for 30% off! 
These nude babies were my first purchase of mules and I have been lusting for some more recently. I decided to play it safe and purchase these for less than $40 because I wanted to try out the style before I fully committed. Now I am totally in love with the comfort and look of mules. Not to mention they are so easy to slip on and run out the door. Unfortunately, these are sold out but I found some similar options. These LULU'S MULES are great for someone on a budget (less than $30) and style wise they are the most similar to the ones I am wearing. Another similar style are these WHITE HOUSE BLACK MARKET, but they are slightly a darker shade. If you're willing to spend a bit more but not splurge, these nude and leather BELLA VITA MULES are a great choice and on sale. There are also these CALVIN KLEIN MULES, but I am personally not a fan of the darker block heel on such a light color. These STEVE MADDEN MULES are made out of suede instead of leather and are a different color, but I've been keeping my eye on them for a while now. Another pair of mules that I've been lusting for are these TORY BURCH MULES. The woodgrain heel is so chic and would add sophistication to any casual outfit.   

Happy shopping, friends!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig