Monday, June 23, 2014

- Munchy Monday: Gracias Madre -

Happy Munchy Monday! I may have found my new favorite Mexican restaurant today. 
Potatoes and Chorizo Quesadillas: $10 // Coliflor Frito: $10
I had a day off on this beautiful Monday afternoon and decided to lunch at Gracias Madre in West Hollywood. My friend and I found street parking pretty easily right in front of the restaurant for $1.50 an hour and walked in without a reservation. It was fine seeing how it was almost 2 PM on a Monday, but I'd expect this place to get busy on the weekends. We were greeted very kindly and had the choice of sitting outside or inside, both which are very spacious and receive amazing lighting. The indoor bar was beautiful and grand - look at those tiles! I was amazed by the beautiful and white architecture both inside and outside, but the weather was too amazing to pass up the opportunity to sit outside. Our waiter was very exuberant and friendly and recited the specials so fluently, which is something I always admire about waiters and waitresses. He popped in and out whenever we needed him while giving my friend and I the space we needed to catch up.

We ended up ordering the Potatoes and Chorizo Quesadillas, Coconut and Bacon Torta (not pictured), and the Coliflor Frito. All amazing! Their dishes are very unique and thoughtfully planned out and executed. It doesn't seem like you can go wrong with anything that you order here, and it's a plus that their ingredients are fresh and all organic. For drinks, we ordered the La Quinceanera and La Belleza. The snow cone drink pictured above is the La Quinceanera and a glimpse of the La Belleza is shown in the very first photo. I love fun drinks so I was super excited about the La Quinceanera! It was a bit strong for my taste, but I would still order it because it's fabulous. Everything we ordered, including the drinks, had a little spice to it. I'm not exactly big on spicy or a lot of flavors, but I was able to handle what Gracias Madre had to offer. I can't wait to come back to try their other dishes and drinks! I know a lot of people who don't like to slap down more than $20 on good Mexican food, but if you are to spend money on delicious, fresh Mexican food then I'd highly recommend Gracias Madre!

$$

  Address:
8905 Melrose Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90069

 Hours:
Monday-Sunday: 11 AM - 11 PM
 
Best For:
All ages
People with dogs
Gatherings
Long meals
Drinks
Lunch date
Unique tastes

Overall Review:
Can't wait to go back!
Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig