Monday, July 7, 2014

- Munchy Monday: French Market Cafe -

 This week's Munchy Monday spotlight is on a hidden gem that quickly became my favorite Sunday brunch fix: French Market Cafe in Venice.
French Market Cafe quickly became my favorite Sunday go to spot with my boyfriend and our puppy. We stumbled upon Abbot Kinney when the original brunch spot we wanted to go to was too long of a wait. I am now forever grateful for that day because this little French inspired cafe is the best. There is an outside patio and inside seating, but most people go for the patio even on the cold days. I always sit on the patio since I never show up without my dog, and we've never been here when my puppy hasn't met a couple tail waggin' buddies. So if you're deathly afraid of dogs, then this may not be the place for you. Tables are first come first serve and orders are made at a cash register inside the little market. It's a great homey feel in a city of glitz and glamor. I've never purchased anything from the market, but it seemed like the products would not be found in your common grocery stores. Pictured first is the Le Cheval ($9.45). Amazing, simple, and delicious! The second picture is of the French Style BLT ($9.45). This breakfast version of a BLT is good, but nothing will beat my favorite Le Cheval. I'm always amazed how this cafe makes the simplest dishes so tasty and has you coming back for more, even though most of their dishes can be made easily at home. Their coffees are standard and their bread is amazing. I'm guilty of ordering my usuals here so I'm no expert on the extensive, but scrumptious sounding menu. But I think I've been here enough times to say that everything's great.   

As for parking, the cafe has a small parking lot in the front or you'll left to fend for yourselves on the streets of Venice. The lot is normally always full, but every time I go I've gotten extremely lucky and found a spot in the parking lot. It's like the universe is telling me that I'm meant to eat there. The only cons about French Market Cafe are the service and wait time for tables, but it's something you can easily bypass after you've had your first meal here. The wait for food really depends on how crowded it is, but I'd say that it's pretty fast for how many customers they serve. Since it is so busy, service is minimal but they get their jobs done at fast speeds. I'm moving out of the area in less than a month and this cafe is one of the saddest goodbyes that I'll be making. Just an extra boost for the cafe if you haven't already caught on to how much I love this place.

$$
  Address:
2321 Abbot Kinney Boulevard
Venice, CA 90291

 Hours:
Monday-Friday: 7 AM - 5 PM
Saturday-Sunday: 8 AM - 5 PM
 
Best For:
Breakfast
Brunch
All ages
People with dogs 
Small groups

Overall Review:
Find me here weekly!

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig