Thursday, July 3, 2014

- Nailed It: Independence Day -

In the spirit of Independence Day, I decided to give myself this patriotic manicure. I'm no pro at nails, so forgive me but I tried my best! After these nails took a lot longer than I had anticipated, I made the executive decision to purchase a cheap nail brush set. Anyway, I started off with a base coat by Revlon and painted all nails, except the middle finger, with Havana Dreams by Sephora by O.P.I. I used White Matter by Formula X on the middle finger and waited until everything dried. I then used Havana Dreams and the given nail brush to paint 1/4 of the white space. I used a small, thin painter's brush to add the red stripes, Cute As a Button by Essie, and the white dots onto Havana Dreams. I ended up settling on this final look, but if I had the proper tools then I would've made the red stripes a lot thinner. I'm not exactly sure how long this manicure took me - let's just say I used a lot of nail polish remover to get my nails to look the way they do in the photo above. Hopefully practice will make perfect?

Love,
Jessie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig