Tuesday, August 26, 2014

- Munchy Monday: Geoffrey's -

Head down PCH the next chance you get to eat oceanside before summer ends!

Back in July, my family and I took a drive along the California coast to grab lunch at Geoffrey's. I imagined the restaurant to be a lot bigger, but the ocean views and breeze did not disappoint. As predicted, parking is valet [Tip: valet fee is added onto your bill, so cash is not needed!] and it is the easiest option since parking on PCH and walking to the restaurant can be arduous. [Tip: if you're coming from Los Angeles, Geoffrey's is on the left so you're going to have to make a U-turn.]

Walking into Geoffrey's made me feel like I was inside a house turned restaurant. I imagined the patio to be a lot bigger and more spaced out, but you can see what it looks like in the photos above and below. We were late for our reservation due to traffic but they accommodated us almost instantly still. [Tip: definitely make a reservation and request patio seating!] As we made our way to the patio, we passed by a small bar and the indoor seating. Patio seating was great and can be very enjoyable if under the protection of the umbrellas. We ordered quickly and our waiter was pleasant but hard to find at times. Beneath are photos of our orders and reviews to go along with it. 


My brother ordered the Antioxidant Mojito, which he loved. The drink looks a lot prettier than it tasted but that's just my personal opinion. If you're not a heavy drinker, I'd recommend asking for less alcohol.
We ordered a Caesar Salad ($11), Jumbo Coconut Shrimp ($16), and Oysters ($16.50) as appetizers. I was the only one out of four who really enjoyed the shrimp but the oysters and salad were a table favorite. I love shrimp so it's hard to not be easily pleased, but I have had better. Oysters were tasty and fresh, but I've had better as well.
My mom ordered one of the restaurant's most popular dishes, the Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass ($36). The sea bass was cooked to perfection and the potatoes that came with it were very flavorful. Two thumbs up!
The Herb Crusted Salmon ($23) was the perfect combination of soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. The fish was super tender and didn't have that overly fishy taste that some salmon dishes tend to have. The artichoke puree was a great sauce for the salmon and the texture of the broccolini gave you that nice crunch. To sum it up, this dish was perfectly cooked!
The Seafood Paella ($26) was enjoyable but I wouldn't order it again. The rice was too mushy but of course the seafood was delicious and fresh, especially the scallops. I've never been a fan of scallops because it always tasted too much like the sea to me, but Geoffrey's scallops are incredibly good. I actually found myself wanting to eat them instead of giving them to someone else or just hiding them. I'd recommend getting another dish with scallops so you can enjoy them.
 
$$$
   
Address:
27400 Pacific Coast Highway
Malibu, CA 90265

 Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Friday: 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
 
Best For:
Older adults
Families 

Overall Review:
I definitely want to come back and dine during sunset time!

Happy eating!
Love, 
Jessie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig