Thursday, September 4, 2014

- Four Reasons For Short Hair -

I've always been a long haired girl, but here are four reasons why I'm in love with my short locks.

1) Less hassle. I cut off about five inches and even though that doesn't sound like a lot, it has done wonders for me. One of the things I hated about having long hair was that it always got in my way, and I'm one of those people who think better and clearer when I don't have hair in my face. Now, my hair is out of my face 24/7! 

2) Less maintenance. Not only does cutting your hair rid you of all the damaged parts, it also means less tangles and faster drying. I also save a bunch of time when getting ready in the morning, which gives me 5-10 more minutes of sleep, heh. I also save a lot more shampoo and conditioner, which means my supply of Bumble & Bumble lasts a lot longer. Some mornings I don't even have to touch my hair and I'm already good to go! Oh, and no more clogged shower drains.

3) Curly hair illusion. I'm about to let you girls in on a styling tip! If you have short hair, curling the top layer of your hair is all you need to do. Talk about really cutting maintenance time down! Curly hair now takes 10 minutes or less. If you don't believe me, look at the photos above and see if you see any straight hairs. This type of styling also prevents your hair from looking like a poof ball since the bottom layers are flat.

4) New look. I got this new haircut just in time for back to school because not only did I want to play the part, I wanted to look it too. A shorter look is perfect if you're looking for something new and refreshing. Short hair will always be simple yet sophisticated, which may be the perfect style for a professional look as well. It says, "I'm a mature adult and I've got it all together!" Having shorter hair also exposes the face more. I've realized that I actually look better without a made up face with my new hair than I did with curtain drapes hanging from my head.

Of course it's taken you years to grow out your beautiful, long locks, but maybe it's time for a change! These four reasons are what keeps me from missing my long hair and could be reasons why you should take the plunge and chop off those dead ends.

Love,
Jessie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Twenty Two Lavender. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig